Sweet Orange Cleanser – how we do love thee
Every beauty brand has hero products that they’re particularly proud of – those creams, balms and lotions that customers come back to time and time again. One of our standout heroes is the Sweet Orange Cleanser. It’s a staple in most of the team’s beauty routines, and it won an award in last year’s Green Parent Beauty Awards.
As with all Akamuti products, every ingredient is there to serve a purpose. We haven’t bulked it out with water or fillers, or added synthetic preservatives, perfumes or colourings. Instead, it’s a powerhouse of some of nature’s finest cleansers and moisturisers:
- Organic Sweet Orange Essential Oil is included for far more reasons than just its aroma. For a start, it can help to boost collagen production. It’s also anti-inflammatory and antiseptic, so can soothe skin conditions and fight acne. Finally, it helps with the turnover of skin cells, getting rid of dead cells to reveal a brighter complexion.
- Geranium Essential Oil tackles inflammation and irritation, and boosts blood flow. It also promotes elasticity and helps to tighten the skin.
- Myrrh Essential Oil has been used to keep skin healthy for thousands of years. It’s a powerful antioxidant and has a host of antiaging properties.
- Sweet Almond Oil is packed with vitamins and antioxidants. It’s very nourishing and helps the skin to fight off free radicals and environmental toxins.
- Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil is one of the most effective natural cleansers that you can buy and acts as a gentle exfoliator. Its powerful mix of fatty acids, vitamins and minerals gives skin a real boost of hydration.
- Organic Beeswax helps to lock moisture into your skin.
The result of combining all these ingredients into one product is a cleanser that removes makeup, grime and toxins, hydrates skin, and leaves it softer, smoother and brighter. Oh and it smells rather lovely too!
A lot of high-street cleansers are water-based. If you haven’t yet tried an oil-based cleanser, we’d urge you to give one a go. They’re usually much more nourishing than their watery counterparts, locking in hydration and really ‘feeding’ the skin. They’re also very effective; ours can remove even stubborn ‘forgot to wash my face last night’ mascara. For best results, massage a little of the cleanser into your skin, before wiping off with a damp muslin cloth.
Essential oils are incredibly powerful, so it’s usually best to use them as part of a blend, otherwise they can irritate the skin. We’re confident that we’ve got the balance just right with our Sweet Orange Cleanser, so it can be used for all skin types, even sensitive souls. We particularly recommend it for anyone whose skin is feeling a bit dull and dry, who wants to get their ‘glow’ back. As one reviewer told us after using it, “Several friends have called me radiant.”
Why not see if you agree with reviewers about our Sweet Orange Cleanser?