To celebrate Earth Hour 2018 we’ve put together a pledge to reduce our plastic footprint. We’re excited to make a start and hope you can join us!
Why a plastic pledge? We want to show our commitment to making a lighter impact on the natural world. We don’t want to be part of the problem! While it isn’t possible for us to eliminate plastic overnight, we’re going to take one step at a time to reduce our use of plastic and offer alternative forms of packaging. We want our products to promote our vision for a healthier, happier, more vibrant world.
Here are some great ideas we’ll be implementing to reduce our plastic consumption.
- Stop buying single use plastic products.
- Use jute or cotton shopping bags that you can use time and again, instead of plastic.
- Invest in a reusable water bottle and coffee cup to avoid buying single use plastic.
- Support a local farm shop who supply their fruit and vegetables in crates, not shrink wrapped.
- Kick up a fuss about the use of plastic straws and the damage they do: https://thelastplasticstraw.org/
- Spread the word! Write to your favourite shops and brands and ask them for information about their plastic footprint.
- Re-use the plastic bottles and bags in your life. Recycle what you can’t reuse.
- Some products are really difficult to find in plastic free packaging. Get inventive and make your own! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROa0yqA0GBk
- “Pay attention to the entire life cycle of items you bring into your life, from source to manufacturing to distribution to disposal” Plastic Pollution Coalition
- Take your own plastic pledge http://pledge.ocean.org/
- Find inspiration for a plastic free life https://lessplastic.co.uk/why-less-plastic/
In addition to the above, we’re pledging to reduce the use of plastic throughout our business and across our product ranges.
- Cold Pressed Oil and Flower Waters: We will be offering all of our oils in glass bottles in the near future.
- Face Masks, Clays, Bath Salts and Powders: We will be offering these in biodegradable paper pouches, with refill sizes to reduce packaging.
- Liquid Soaps: We won’t be able to offer these in glass due to safety issues but we will be offering larger refill sizes.
- Bar Soaps: Our soap bars are already wrapped in biodegradable packaging, hooray! We will be offering incentives to encourage more people to use soap bars over bottled soaps. Watch this space! 🙂
- Essential Oils, Roll-Ons and Body Oils: The good news is that these products are already packaged in glass.
- Creams, Moisturisers and Balms: We want to transition to glass as soon as the right packaging becomes available.
- Bubblewrap: We’ll be phasing out our use of bubblewrap in favour of eco-friendly, recycled paper.
- Jiffy Bags: We’ll be phasing out our use of bubblewrapped lined envelopes in favour of biodegradable jiffy bags.
- Plastic Tape: We’ll be moving over to paper based and fully biodegradable tape to wrap up our boxes.
- Green Office: We’ll be greening up the office more than ever with paper pens made from post consumer waste and lots of items from the Green Stationery Company.
Let the transition process begin!
Please check back here regularly for updates to see how we are getting on! 🙂
Thank you for caring,
Lindsey and team x