Please be assured that the security and privacy of your data remains of utmost importance to us at all times.
If you have any questions regarding this policy and our privacy practices, please contact us by email: email@example.com or by telephone: 01558 685360.
You can also write to us directly: Akamuti Limited, Maes Y Bryn, Llansawel, Llandeilo, SA19 7PG.
Who we are
We are Akamuti, a UK based business specialising in the manufacture of natural skincare products to promote healthy, happy skin. Inspired by nature, we are passionate about the environment and the natural world. We are a family run business and a limited company.
Our company registration number is 5541961.
Our registered address is Akamuti Limited, Maes Y Bryn, Llansawel, Llandeilo, SA19 7PG.
Our responsibility to you
Akamuti Limited is a member of the Data Protection Register and our registry information is available to view at www.ico.org.uk/register. Our membership number is ZA337745.
We abide by the codes of practice issued by the Information Commissioner under section 51 of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the new updated requirements of GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) that come into force on May 25th
We are committed to protecting your privacy at all times and will never disclose your personal details to any third party for marketing purposes, or any other purpose.
The information we collect from you
- Akamuti obtains information from you when you use our website and when you contact us about our products and services. We obtain your information whenever you place an order with us or opt in to our mailing list. We use the information that you provide to us to complete your orders and keep you informed of the progress of your order including dispatch. During the ordering process, we collect personal information from you including your name, email address and postal address in order for us to fulfil our obligations. All such information is held on secure servers and treated as fully confidential.
- If you choose to register your e-mail with us to be a part of our mailing list, you will be periodically updated about our products and services that may be of interest to you.
- Your IP address may also be collected which provides us with information about which pages on our website are accessed. We may use this information to improve the functionality of the website and the information we offer to our visitors.
- Your card payment details are not stored or saved by Akamuti. We have no access to these details. The card details you provide are collected by a third party payment processor, who specialise in the secure online processing of card transactions. Our current payment processors are Paypal, SagePay and Elavon Bank.
- We never release your personal details to companies outside of Akamuti for marketing purposes or any other kind of purpose. The information that you provide to us during the order process is stored to fulfill your order requirements and for our accounting records. You may request removal of your personal details at any time.
- We retain your information for as long as is necessary to fulfil our statutory and business running obligations.
- You have the legal right to request that we remove your details from our database and or our mailing list at any time by contacting us directly via email firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone 01558 685360
How we use your information
- We use the information you have provided us with, to:
- To fulfil, process and dispatch orders that you have submitted to us.
- Carry out our obligations to you arising from any contracts we have made with you.
- To process competition and giveaways that you have entered via social media.
- To periodically request your feedback, views or comments on our products and services.
- Notify you of any changes we make to our products and services.
- Communicate with you regarding products or services that may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted by us for this purpose.
- Collecting non-identifiable information about our users via google analytics to understand trends and visitor use of our site. We use this information to improve your experience on our website. The information collected by analytics does not identify the user, other than your IP address, operating system and type of browser.
Who has access to your information
- We do not sell or lease your information to any third party. We do not share your information with marketing companies.Occasionally your information may be passed to or accessed by a third party service provider or subcontractor for the purpose of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf (for example website management or technical maintenance). Please be assured that whenever we use a third party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information private and secure.
Your consent and privacy rights
- As one of our customers you have the choice to receive information from us or not. If you wish to receive more information about our products and services, you will be asked at the checkout to select a tick box. You may also join up to our mailing list in other ways, through sign up boxes on our website or requesting it directly by email. We will always ask for your explicit consent to use your information in this way.We will not send you marketing emails unless you have given us your prior consent. You can change, update or remove your consent for us to hold personal information from us at any time by contacting us by email email@example.com or by telephone 01558 685360
- We want to reassure you that your privacy is protected at all times. Any sensitive information we receive is encrypted and protected with SSL encryption. Look out for the secure lock icon on secure payment pages. Any information your provide us with that is deemed non-sensitive is normally transmitted online and not via SSL encryption (for example an email address). This means that we cannot guarantee the security of this type of information and you provide it at your own risk. However, we make all necessary efforts to protect and ensure our website security.
- Essential operational: These cookies are necessary to allow us to operate the Akamuti website & service as you have requested. These cookies, for example, let us recognise what type of subscriber you are e.g. a trade customer and then provide you with the products/services which you are entitled to.
- Performance: These cookies are used by us to analyse how the Akamuti website is used. The cookies also let us monitor how the website is performing. These cookies do not let us identify users. We use this information to maintain, operate and continually improve the websites function.
- Functional: These cookies let us operate certain functions of our website and services in line with the choices you make. These cookies mean that when you come back to the website we can provide you with the products/services as you have asked for, for example we’ll greet you by name, and remember your order history.
- Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may experience a reduction in functionality of the website. If you want to delete any cookies on your computer, please refer to the instructions for your file management software to locate the file or directory that stores cookies.
Links to and from other websites
- Our website may provide you with links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies provided by other websites and recommend that you refer to them when you visit other websites. Similarly, you may arrive at our website via links provided by another website. We are not responsible for the products, services or practices of third party websites.
How to contact us
- If you have any questions regarding this policy and our privacy practices, please contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone: 0158685360. You can also write to us directly: Akamuti Limited, Maes Y Bryn, Llansawel, Llandeilo, SA19 7PG.